Friday, January 20, 2006

There's a BOGEYMAN in that movie!!!!!

Alright, perhaps you should click the link first, so you have some idea what madness I'm referring to.
Someone is actually talking about how there are "racial overtones" in King Kong! Actually, it's not just "somebody"... it's Newsday and USAToday columnist Sheryl McCarthy.
.
The premise is this ... enormous big black ape falls for young, pale, blonde woman.
.
PRESTO! It's a commentary on black men seducing white women.
.
HUH? What?? Where did ya' get that? Run that by me again?!?!?!? Are you KIDDING me ??? Then what is The Phantom of the Opera about? Disabled or deformed white guys get their kicks playing "father figure" to young girls?? Good luck finding something in Creature from the Black Lagoon. Now, I have no idea if Ms. McCarthy is black, white, polka-dotted, European or Venusian.... and I really don't care. What I do know is that she's an idiot... regardless of race, creed, or color.
GIVE IT A REST, People! The race card is NOT applicable in all cases, and looking to interject "racial overtones" where there are none only makes YOU (the "enlightened observer") look like an idiot.
King Kong is a classic retelling of the fable "Beauty and the Beast"... hmmmm maybe she thinks that Beauty and the Beast has racial overtones... I'm sure we could ruminate on plenty of insane "parallels" and innuendos THERE! Good grief! We, as a society will never get to an altruistic "color blindness" if people are finding "bigotry" where there is none!
-Someone might want to pass this note onto Senator Teddy Kennedy while you're at it.-

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd bet money the heretofore unknown (to me) Ms McCarthy is a well established liberal. Heaven knows, if a conservative drew a parallel between an ape and a black man he/she would be lynched, tarred and feathered... drawn and quartered, and featured for 2 weeks straight on Hardball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged. I enjoy a good debate. However, you MUST have the courage of your convictions! "Anonymous" posters may be deleted