Monday, January 02, 2006

A VERY Happy 2006 to all!

I sang on Newsradio 850 KOA on New Year's eve and was asked what my wish would be for the new year. The only wish I can think of is for a return to civility! We all have differences of opinion, but can't we express them without the vicious, personal HATEfilled rhetoric?

I would like to be even handed and say both the left and right sides of the political aisle are responsible for the current vitriol in the public square.
I'd like to, but damn it, I can't!
I have yet to hear one Republican call Pilosi or any other Democrat a "liar", even though they certainly deserve the label!

And where did it start? If we can get into the pointing of fingers and say "He did it first".. who, exactly would have the last finger pointing at THEM?
How about....
"I'm thinking to myself, if we were in other countries, we would all right now
all of us together would go down to Washington and we would stone Henry Hyde to
death! We would stone him to death! We would stone Henry Hyde to death and we
would go to their homes and we'd kill their wives and their children. We would
kill their families."

Alec Baldwin (1998) on Conan O'Brian

I remember watching Conan that night. Baldwin was a man nearly foaming at the mouth... not smooth, comedic, nor satirical... he was fuming and Howard Dean-esque!
I'm not sure I've heard anything this vicious before OR since, but I certainly can't point to any Republican with such venom before this statement. Correct me, if you can.
So congratulations, Mr. Baldwin. The situation we are now in can be traced back to your evil, disgusting remarks. Why don't you just leave the country.. after all , George Bush IS the President!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged. I enjoy a good debate. However, you MUST have the courage of your convictions! "Anonymous" posters may be deleted