Wow! I’m out of it for a while….
I was down at Ft. Carson this weekend for drill and didn’t watch the whole Tucson Shooting as-it-unfolded, so I’m playing a bit of catch-up.
What I AM gleaning, however, is that the Leftwing Lame Stream Media did everything it could do to pin this on Sarah Palin and the Tea Party as quickly as possible. Without knowing the identity of the shooter, his background, or motives… they immediately started pinning the blame.
- -Paul Krugman “We don’t have proof yet that this was political, but…..”
- -CNN – “If this shooting turns out to be a deranged supporter of Governor Palin, it…
- - Jane Fonda via Twitter - "Progressive Arizona Rep Gabrielle Giffords is shot. In her ads, Sarah Palin had her targeted in a gun site. Inciting to violence."
- -Keith Olbermann -“If Sarah Palin … does not repudiate her own part, however tangential, in amplifying violence and violent imagery in American politics,
- Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas - “Mission accomplished, Sarah Palin,”
Reminds me of the rush to ERRONEOUSLY label the IRS suicide pilot as a rightwing extremist… even after his identity was ascertained. - Newsweek
Above all, read this on the pattern of jumping to blame the Tea Party - CentristNet
For some REAL investigative reporting, on who is Jared Lee Loughner check out this blog ….. Marktalk.com
DirectorBlue also does some good detective work - DirectorBlue
The facts are never so clear cut as “Palin did it” “The Tea Party is to blame”, &tc &tc… and many blogs and articles are tepidly ‘defending’ Palin and conservatives. So I will let them dissect the biases, the spin and hypocrisy.
What they are all missing is the longer-lasting and more meaningful effects of this knee-jerk ‘blame the right’ hysteria –
There are millions upon millions of Americans who consider themselves right-wing, Tea Partiers, or just conservatives. The more the left blames them (us) for things they (we) didn’t do, the more we will shut them out, ignore them and leather our skin to them. If they keep this up, we will write them off completely (instead of just viewing them with a wary eye.) They could be ringing the death knell for their own marginal influence (meager as it is.) The biggest result of this progressives practice of crying wolf could be their own irrelevancy. I can’t wait!